The B&O Beo5 remote is intended to compliment the Beo4 and not
replace it. It is a fully flexible and personalised remote control that can
handle the operation of any product combination, providing an individual
solution for the user. It can be adapted to the system setup, it adapts to the
surrounding light conditions and can be adapted to any users specific
Ease-of-use through logical and intuitive operation introducing a new ONE Touch-and-Go operation, yet the operation is based on principles most people are familiar with from Beo4. Divided into two; a physical tactile operation on the ball in combination with a programmable soft-touch operation on a glass display. One-touch operation of the most important functions, and situation-dependent operation.
The distinctive design is a combination of the square and the circle in a three-dimensional solution that stands out no matter where you put it. You can hold it firmly in your hand while accessing all functions with the tip of your thumb. Beo5 is an extension of the operation principles most people are familiar with and centred around the star shaped button, the arrow keys and the volume wheel, which lie in the aluminium ball.
The new element is the touch display, where you have three fixed soft keys (a bit of a contradiction) which is all that is needed to operate the system. With Beo5 and the combination of buttons on the ball and the soft-keys in the display, you now have almost endless possibilities. You no longer have to have functions that are not required for your system setup.
Key Specification Points include:-
- Uses a Freescale MC9328MXS Processor
- Processor runs at 96 MHz and 16MHz in standby
- Battery capacity in Standby is 12 days
- Active time typical 18 hours ( 3 hours continually) Charging time 5 hours
- Battery Capacity is 1,350 mAh, 2.5V
- Charging via the USB is 5V at 90mA
- Charging via the adapter is 5V at 400mA
- Memory size allows for up to 100 logos, 100 icons, 24 zones. Fonts 7 fonts (1 font in 7 colours)
- IR operation Beo4 IR protocol, Beo5 IR protocol, RC5, Bitstream, NEC and Raw
- 17 Hard keys plus wheel Soft keys
- Carrier Frequency supported includes the standard B&O 455 KHz and 3rd party frequency range between 20 KHz and 80 KHz and uses three (3) transmitting diodes
- Power management Wake-up Alu-ball touch, key-press, display pressing, wheel activation, placing in charger
- Power off Long press on centre key, low battery capacity alert when <10%
- Volume adjustment is carried out with the wheel Wheel functions Volume up, volume down, mute
- Backlight Colour White Intensity Automatic adjusted to ambient light
- Timeout 2 step - dim and fadeout Factory set to 10 and 30 seconds
- Screen Type Delta-RGB, 234x960 pixels, normal black. Colour 16.777.216 colours. Contrast ratio 500 @ 25C (typ)
The following pictures show three typical screen views which can be created. The first shows rooms with their own logos and the second shows video and audio sources available in the Lounge.
The last picture shows the first page of six pages of channels for Freeview in the UK